1. Eggplant increases satiety and absorbs fat: Eggplant is extremely high in a type of viscous fibre that has the ability to bind to fat and create a feeling of fullness, with just 20 calories per cup of cubed eggplant. This makes eggplant an amazing addition to any weight-loss regimen!
2. Eggplant is high in the amino acid GABA: GABA (gama-aminobutyric acid) is an amino acid that has the ability to reduce anxiety, improve sleep, and quiet a racing mind. This makes eggplant a perfect relaxation food for the holiday season.
3. Eggplant skin contains high-powered antioxidants: Eggplants contain an antioxidant called nasunin, found in the vegetable's skin. Nasunin protects against premature aging, cardiovascular disease, and the physical effects of emotional stress.
4. Eggplant is a source of potassium: Potassium has always been necessary for maintaining a healthy blood pressure, but has now been shown to help prevent gum disease as well. Potassium is a key component in fighting inflammation of the gums and arteries.
5. Eggplant extracts are traditionally used to lower cholesterol: Eggplant extract stimulates bile production and allows for increased metabolism and elimination of cholesterol from the system. Eggplant extracts are considered an ethnomedicine because of their traditional uses in the treatment of high cholesterol.